How to choose the vacuum furnace correctly?
There are many specifications, models and types of vacuum furnaces, and as it is more and more widely used, the number of manufacturers is also increasing. So for users, how to choose the equipment correctly so that it can meet the actual use conditions and play better What about the effect?
1. To choose a vacuum furnace, you must first choose the chemical composition of your product and the required high heating temperature. In terms of ultimate vacuum, you must meet the relationship between the equilibrium decomposition pressure of metal oxides and carbides and set a certain margin, not just Blind pursuit of high vacuum degree, too high vacuum will not only cause the volatilization of alloy elements, but also increase the configuration of equipment and increase investment costs.
2. Secondly, it depends on the cooling form required by the heat treatment material. The cooling methods of the vacuum furnace include oil cooling and air cooling. At present, it is mainly air cooling, which basically has no pollution and adverse effects on heat-treated parts, and the surface of the parts after treatment is clean and does not need to be cleaned. The oil-cooled surface has micro-carburization problems, which have a certain impact on the quality, so air-cooled quenching is generally selected under the condition of satisfying the cooling rate. The cooling speed of air cooling is mainly affected by factors such as air pressure, flow velocity, and the form and distribution of airflow, so it should be fully considered when making a selection. Generally, the air pressure is high, the flow rate is large, and the cooling rate is fast. In addition, the flow rate of the cooling water of the heat exchanger during air cooling has a significant impact on the actual cooling. However, some materials can only be quenched by oil cooling, and the heat treatment process level cannot be reached in the case of air cooling. Therefore, when choosing the cooling form, it is more necessary to choose according to the type of material.
3. Function. The versatility of the process should also be considered when purchasing a vacuum furnace, that is, the temperature range for quenching and tempering should be wide. Especially when dealing with high-alloy steel, the tempering temperature is high and it is very convenient to temper directly without furnace after quenching.
4. Selection of heating elements. There are certain differences in the form and material of the heating element. Generally, the plate type and the rod type are the main types, and the material is high-strength graphite. However, in recent years, the emergence of carbon-carbon composite materials has a tendency to replace graphite due to its greater technical advantages. In the case of the same power, the thickness of the carbon-carbon composite material is relatively small and the heat storage is small, which is beneficial to improve the cooling rate.
5. Control system. The control system is the core part of the vacuum furnace, and its reliability and integrity must be ensured. It is better to have functions such as monitoring, fault display, and recording.
6. The reliability of other sealing and vacuum system configuration is also an important link. When designing equipment, we must not only strive for complexity in form, but must strive for reliability on the basis of comparison.
Learning how to choose a vacuum furnace correctly can not only provide convenient conditions for process production, but also save costs for the enterprise, improve work efficiency, and make the equipment more effective.