Today I have sorted out some of the advantages of vacuum furnaces for your reference:
1. The vacuum furnace completely eliminates the oxidation and decarburization of the surface of the workpiece during the heating process, and a clean surface without deterioration layer can be obtained. This has a great bearing on the improvement of cutting performance for those tools that only grind one side during sharpening (such as twist drills that directly expose the decarburized layer on the groove surface to the cutting edge).
2. No pollution to the environment, no need to deal with the three wastes.
3. The accuracy of furnace temperature measurement and monitoring is obviously improved. The indicating value of the thermocouple and the furnace temperature reach ±1.5°c. However, the temperature difference between a large number of workpieces in the furnace is relatively large, if the forced circulation of rare gas is adopted, the temperature difference can still be controlled within the range of ±5°c.
4. High degree of mechatronics. On the basis of improving the accuracy of temperature measurement and control, workpiece movement, air pressure adjustment, power adjustment, etc. can be pre-programmed and set, and quenching and tempering can be implemented step by step.
5. The energy consumption is significantly lower than that of the salt bath furnace. Modern advanced vacuum furnace heating chamber adopts thermal insulation walls and barriers made of high-quality thermal insulation materials, which can highly concentrate the electric heating energy in the heating chamber, and the energy-saving effect is significant.